To request a Lyft ride, download the Lyft app and create an account and you are ready!
First, open the Lyft app and tap ‘search destination’ and enter your destination. You can enter an address or search for a location.
Next, select your ride mode. Swipe left for economy, luxury, or extra seating options. To finish, tap ‘Select’ to request a ride. That’s it! The pickup location will automatically be set to your current GPS location.
To change the pickup location:
- Tap ‘Current location’ at the top of the screen
- Enter an address or drag the location pin to the right spot
- Tap ‘Set pickup,’ and it’s done!
If there’s an easier pickup location nearby, you’ll have the option to meet your driver at the new location to save time. Pickup suggestions are always optional and are only a short walk away.
Change your payment method before requesting a ride by tapping the payment method shown on the ride mode selection screen.
On the ‘Payment’ screen you can change or add payment methods, view any active promos, and switch between personal or business accounts.
You’ll see the price of your ride on the ride mode selection screen before you tap ‘Select.’ Learn more about how to estimate a Lyft ride’s cost here.
To schedule a ride for a later time:
- Set your destination
- Tap ‘Schedule’ on the ride mode selection screen
- Choose a date and time and tap ‘Set pick up time’
- Confirm your pickup and drop-off location, then tap ‘Schedule.’ That’s it!
- Note: Scheduled rides are not available in all regions, and may not be available for all ride modes in a region.
Rate your trip:
Let us know how your trip went. You can also give your driver a compliment or add a tip right in the app.